“You can’t have unity without diversity.”
Inspired by the recent explosion in innovative, high-quality cinema focusing on the world of music, Music Film Festival Network (MFFN) is a new international alliance of film festivals founded on the belief that ideas exchanged are ideas multiplied.
Bringing together nine founding member festivals based in France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and the UK, MFFN had its first official meeting at Seeyousound Festival in Turin in February 2019.
The growing interest in films that present the sights, sounds and stories of music and the musicians who make it are testament to the public’s appetite for these festivals’ unique and inspiring mandates.
MFFN intends to provide an opportunity for the creative teams behind music film festivals to exchange experiences and best practices, experiment with new forms of collaboration, expand existing audiences and build ones, and find ways to benefit from greater recognition by the international festival community.
Inclusive in spirit and inspired by the joy of bringing music to the big screen, MFFN invites all music-themed film festivals to become members of an innovative new network.
For more information, contact MFFN !
The purposes of the Music Film Festival Network are:
- Promoting the circulation of works that talk about the music universe through the cinematografic language, with particular attention to
- poorly represented emerging authors.
- hard to distribute genres, like short film and documentaries.
- so-called ‘minor’ cinematographic works.
- Promoting the distribution of music works and facilitating the meetings between producers and distributors.
- Exchanging know-how and support to the organizations of emerging music film festivals.
- Participating in the foundation of a shared data-base and a platform dedicated to music-themed audiovisual works.
- Promoting publications, productions and events in the audiovisual industry.
- Realising workshops, debates and researches in the context of the new frontieres of the audiovisual industry.
- Encouraging meetings between the professionals of the sector.
- Developing skills to be able to reach new audiences and drawing innovative methods of creating culture.
How the network develops
The Music Film Festival Network originated on European territory, yet it’s open to all music film festivals or film festivals that have a section dedicated to music.
The network coordinates their own activities through:
- The internet
- Regular meetings
- Special events
MFFN elects its own council board to manage the activities.
MFFN Award is the international award for the best music-themed documentary of the year. Each MFFN member presents a documentary, chosen from the last season. An international jury will assign the MFFN Award to the best musical documentary among those selected by MFFN members.
Submit your film to the MFFN
If you would like to submit your film to every festival in the network, please fill the form below